Saturday, May 31, 2014

SUMMER ESSENTIALS 2014


It takes me forever to blog recently and I feel really bad about it. But you know, it's that time of the year again. The time which some of us struggle a lot and can't help but burn the midnight oil. I bet you guess it right. FINALS COMING. I should just stop blabbering about exams before I end up getting stressed. As you can see in the title, I am going to share things that I love and need (some) in the summer time! Woo-hoo.

1. Clinique stay-matte sheer pressed powder : I am not sure if I have told you before that I have super oily skin. The situation is especially bad in summer so I picked this up a few weeks ago when my Maybelline loose powder ran out. I won't say it does miracle and my skin never gets oily anymore but this does help my face to stay matte for a longer period of time and I am already very grateful for that. If you have a better recommendation, please tell me in the comment!

2. Clean and Clear oil control film : This little thing comes in handy when I get oily in the middle of the day as I seldom bring my powder out with me. (due to laziness) It's kinda self-explanatory so I'm not going to say much. However, some people say that blotting sheets will enlarge your pores or clog them. I personally don't find it this way so I'm not sure if the saying is true but this is indeed my life saver in the summer.

3. Skin Food fresh apple sparkling pore cream : This is nice if you have oily skin as it has a gel-consistency and helps oil control. Applying it on my face, I find it quite soothing and hydrating. The oil on my face has definitely reduced since I started using this product. If I have to describe it in one sentence, I'd say it's a surprisingly useful Korean skincare product.

4. Anna Sui Flight of Fancy : I included another Anna Sui perfume La Vie De Boheme in my last April favorites video but then I found another mini one with a pink bottle and a peacock as the cap. I'd say this is a day-time and less intense version of the one that I've mentioned before. It has a floral scent that the other one doesn't have in it.

5. Rainbow loom bracelets : If you follow me on instagram, you'd know that I'm obsessed with rainbow loom bracelets lately. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but making them and wearing them make me so happy and joyful. I'm going to make them in every color scheme so they can every outfit of mine. haha.

6. Hair bows : I always put my hair up in a ponytail/bun/braid in the summer time as I can't stand the heat when putting my hair down. Therefore, hair bows (or any kind of hair accessories) are my best friend in the summer time. I just love collecting hair bows!

Sorry that this post is kinda long but I hope you enjoy reading this! Outfit post coming soon so stay tuned!  xx

Stalk me on

9 comments:

  1. Clean and clear oil control film and the hair bows are my summer essentials too! :D

    http://dindaloysia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priori loose powder is perfect in summer plus the skindinavia spray LOL but Priori is quite pricy and pink in colour (and I'm in yellow tone)
    I think I'm more oily than you :p and I like matte, can't stand for any oil
    But Priori can still stay for 3-4 hours on me OMG (even after the day c assembly)
    BTW there's a technique
    Apply powder before foundation (must be loose)
    And also a little bit after foundation (from Wayne)
    BTW it seems that the Balm sexy mama is a good product

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute summer essentials! I always keep blotting sheets in my summer purse!

    dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great essentials! I also have rainbow bracelets
    Kisses from Hungary,
    rslamode.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and Clear oil control film : This little thing comes in handy when I get oily in the middle of the day as I seldom bring my powder out with me. sewing factory , sewing of ladies suits , sewing expert , sewing factory near me , lawn suits , pakistani lawn suits , pakistani lawn , buy pakistani lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits online sale (due to laziness) It's kinda self-explanatory so I'm not going to say much. However, some people say that blotting sheets will enlarge your pores or clog them. I personally don't find it this way so I'm not sure if the saying is true but this is indeed my life saver in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me comments. :) Have a nice day!